Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fish Fry at Mahabalipuram

I am a true blue Chennaite, I look at interruptions as a welcome break, I look forward to the northwest monsoons which turn my hot and torrid city into a water theme park and I love the muggy weather caused due to the salty seas which surrounds my beautiful city.    

However my parents and I moved to the suburbs of Chennai about 3 years back after spending a little over two decades in the city. Its not that we don’t love the city but its just that we need to miss something for a bit to love it even more:P so yes moving on ..Since all three of us go to work if you step into our tiny suburban home in the morning hours you will see  - Alien Vs Predator Vs Godzilla kinda action :P i.e. our mad rush to work so when 2 weeks back Wednesday was declared a holiday for all 3 of us by our respective organizations,  we got up late had a leisure brunch and hopped on to our car and drove far away and spent the noon at Mahabalipuram.

An ancient town built during the Pallavas circa 7th century A.D. I remember reading so much about the Pallavas Dynasty while preparing for a popular competitive exam I’d rather not talk about here :D  because I do not want to be digressing again. The history buff I am, I am REALLY tempted to write down about the Pallava kings who consolidated power at in the south and established good governance with their seat of power at Mamallapuram.. I am also tempted to write about My mum who loves the historic epic ‘Sivakamiyin Sapatham’ which centers around the power struggle between the Pallava Kings and Pulikesin but I wont bore you with those details :) 

Somewhere around late noon I got hungry & I needed a quick snack and I was overcome by the smell of fried fish which was way too tempting to resist. So I gave in.. My mom is a doctor so she generally does  NOT approve eating anything other than home made food (impossible probability in my case).. But I managed to convince her I would be just fine... And now the highlight of the afternoon..
Crisp Fried Red Snapper
I chose one of those tiny shacks along the way to the beach which give you a choice of different fish to pick from - My choice ~ a nice red snapper marinated with Madras Masala powder and shallow fried till crisp. It was so delicious YOU WILL WANT MORE! I was full with just one slice :) 


What a perfect way to cool off a long day than a slice of water melon :)


Over all it was a perfect day and I am thankful for life's little blessing.. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vincent , Thank you for the invite, I have added my blog to Petit Chef. Thank you for taking time to go through my blog and kind words. :)

    Warm Regards

    Vasu

    ReplyDelete